Legare's Karate Test
Right before Thanksgiving, Legare tested for a new karate belt. He now has a white belt with a green stripe (this is called a Soaring Eagle program at this dojo - don't ask me what it all means). Following are a few pictures I thought did a great job of showing his great sense of balance. Note his foot placed firmly on the ground.
I was especially impressed with this next picture. I am sad to say, I can't remember the names of the kicks, but this is different from the one above. He is really packing some power in these kicks.
In Karate, they get rewarded for being focused and serious. The teachers (sensais) do a great job of keeping order in these classes - and they make it look easy! Here are some of the serious karate faces.
In the above picture, note the little guy in the red shirt sitting on the ground. This is a serious karate face, not a mad little kid face. Notice Legare's too.
The next picture is a bit closer of Legare's serious face...
This one shows both faces pretty well. Wouldn't want to meet up with them in a dark alley when they're in karate mode...that's for sure!


1 comment:
HE does look serious but I do believe I love the smile more.
love to Legare and julia too. save some for you and Bryan. mom
Post a Comment