Monday, January 22, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

Hi, everyone. I promise that I have not stopped posting. I do have a few excuses.

1) I like posting with pictures. Since the camera mishap, I haven't taken any because I haven't found the time yet to try to recover them and I've been afraid to "snap". My Aunt Susie has emailed me a few sites that may be able to help me (she's a computer guru like Spencer is).

The reason I haven't had time to follow up on the pictures thing is because life has been a bit crazy around here.

2) Legare spent all of last week testing at his 5K school (standardized testing to share with the first grade schools around the area and also to ensure that his school is teaching them appropriately).

Mornings were spent making sure he wasn't late, which I might mention is usually not an issue, but you get on high alert for timeliness on testing week. His week ended with testing on Saturday at "The School" for first grade.

I'm still nervous for him, even though he mastered the test at his 5K school with a 99%. (I had to brag a just a little bit because I am so proud of him). Rumor has it there are so many incoming siblings that there are more people than there are spots for first grade. But this rumor gets floated from time to time - and we all know how rumors get started. We'll find out the scoop on March 1st so I'll keep you all posted.

The other reason for the no postings has been because:

3) Bryan and I have put a bid in on a house that was accepted and all of my free time has been spent calling and setting up appointments for inspections, etc.

We're not leaving the Red Tin Roof any time soon - the house needs a few things upgraded and a bit of time for renovations will be needed before we move in.

And when we do leave, our plan is not to stay away for long. Our goal for several years has been to renovate this house, but since we've learned that its foundation isn't the best, we decided to tear her down and start again. And while that's happening we need a place to live, so we thought we'd get back in the real estate market one last time.

This morning will be spent at the new place while she gets inspected - so I'll do my best to take a few pictures so that you can all have a look.

I'll especially take some good shots of the Hot Pink fixtures in the master bath (unfortunately I'm not kidding). Potty, tub and sink pictures are coming your way!

8 comments:

Kak said...

Please! Your last post was Jan 8. If we want to talk about someone who might have stopped, let's discuss your sister-in-law!! Haha! Congrats on the new house. Can't wait to see the hot pink potty!

Caroline said...

I agree with Kak. I am worried about Up the Creek... Congratulations on the new house. What a GREAT neighborhood y'all are moving into.

Anonymous said...

Annie B......
Your Mom told me about the house and I am so excited for you! You should contact 'Flip That House'. i don't think they've ever done one in Charleston.....!!! Who knows...this may become a new 'past time' for you! I have missed your posts...

Love to All!
Aunt Susie

Amanda said...

Welcome, Neighbor!!! We can't wait to have you in our neck of the woods! We'll gave to have a neighborhood happy hour to welcome you properly!!

"Flip This House" actually has been filming here in Charleston... in your new neighborhood!!

Glad you are back...

Anne said...

Hey, Aunt Susie. I don't know that this house requires enough stuff to warrant a "Flip That House" episode.

Kind of a cool thing...the "Flip" people are actually from Charleston (their office is not far from the new neighborhood). Though I don't watch enough to know if they've actually done a house here...they did do "The Crab House" restaurant on James Island. The sign there is actually still upside down in true "flipped" style.

Come down and see it. The owners are friends of ours whose little boy inspired Legare's haircut earlier this summer. They would love it if I brought some family around.

Love you!

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Can't wait to have you as a neighbor!! Hope all goes smoothly with the renovations and such.

Anonymous said...

I've seen the house,maybe not a Flip but a "while you were out" or a "trading spaces" any of your new neighbors up for the chance to be on tv. No! the farm house for a moving up!!!! Mom