The Day that my Daughter beings to Doubt my Greatness
3:00 am and I'm awake.
And hungry.
I go to the couch and hop on the net for a quick read.
Drink a glass of milk to fill up my hungry stomach.
Start wrapping up "being awake" - glance the clock on the computer and head to bed around 3:30.
----TIME WARP----
When I arrive in bedroom I read the clock and it says 5:15.
I know I dozed on the couch, but I can't believe I spent two hours out in the family room. I guess I had closed my eyes longer than I thought.
Oh, well.
Alarm goes off at 6:15 as usual.
Snooze like normal - waiting until my precious child comes in and asks why I haven't laid out any clothes.
Snooze.
Snooze.
Snooze.
It's 6:38 - no precious child. I dutifully go check that every thing's o.k. and put on my "get your butt in gear" face.
As I walk down the hallway, I realize there is no light coming from under her door. I enter and find my precious child still in bed. Asleep. And she looks deep in sleep.
Luckily she's the kind of child that wakes and jumps right to it. I then help her pick out her clothes and repeatedly nag Bryan to get up.
At this point I'm focused on making breakfast. Julia unusually complains about not being hungry and I quickly try to force everything I can think of on her. When Bryan finally arrives in the kitchen, it is 7:10 and I'm afraid he won't have time to get himself breakfast before they have to leave to beat the traffic.
Bryan then noticed that the clocks in our kitchen were all wrong. They said it was 5:10 and he was wondering what the heck happened. Had we lost power sometime during the night? I look down at my watch and confirm that it is 7:10, not 5:10.
Wait a minute. Is that hand on the 7? No - it's on the 5!!
Am I all of a sudden in an alternate universe? I am so confused!
My alarm has gone off 2 and 1/2 hours early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What in THE HELL has happened???????????
What in THE HELL have I done. . . waking my family at 4:45 in the morning?
How are they going to function today?
I HAVE RUINED THEIR DAY!!!
I sent Julia and Bryan back to bed - I on the other hand had all kinds of adrenaline going - what with all of the ironing of clothes, breakfast making and sudden onset guilt trip.
So I didn't go back to bed.
I apologized profusely once they got back up. Precious Julia makes the sweet comment that it's o.k. because she likes getting up early sometimes anyway. But you could tell she was looking at me like I was some kind of fool.
Once Legare woke, at the correct time, I shared with him how crazy the morning was and how silly Mommy was (and more importantly how silly her clock is).
To this, Legare got a funny look on his face and says, "Mommy. I may have accidentally pushed a button when I put a paper down on your table. But maybe it was how strong the paper was when I put it down and not my fingers though."
To which I reassured him that it was o.k. and I was just glad to know that Mommy's clock hadn't been doing crazy things by itself.
And I asked if he would let me know the next time the buttons got accidentally pushed by the papers.


2 comments:
What a crazy morning. How funny and to think it was Friday the 13th too. :)
Your old mom did the same thing one time but I think I got up at 2 A.M. and was waiting on my ride(I was going to a dental Meeting) when I realized what I had done. I had already bathed and done my hair so I could not got back to bed. I still check and double check the clock.by the way my ride was to get me a 5:30 A.M.
Post a Comment