Legare is a Graduate!
Last night Legare graduated from Kindergarten. The school always puts on a great Graduation performance and this year was no exception.
I was very surprised (and cried on cue) when my son was the student who lead all of the graduates onto the stage. He was very proud and so was his fan club.
There was a lot of singing, some dancing and cute "mini skits" demonstrating the things they learned this year. Legare had the very important role of unfolding, holding (for 3 songs) and folding back up the American Flag. He did the folding like any pro would do it.
He also had a part up front and center (with a few other classmates) singing and doing some motions to "Because you Love Me". Remarkable - I didn't cry during that!
And just and FYI...the tie is a real, tie it around your neck kind of tie. A parent at the school that he will attend next year contacted Vineyard Vines and had them produce ties and belts with the school's mascot on them. He was a bit disappointed that I didn't get him a sport coat to wear - but I thought it would be too hot and I didn't rush out to buy one. That will come shortly - I don't think I can hold him off any longer.
I was very surprised (and cried on cue) when my son was the student who lead all of the graduates onto the stage. He was very proud and so was his fan club.
There was a lot of singing, some dancing and cute "mini skits" demonstrating the things they learned this year. Legare had the very important role of unfolding, holding (for 3 songs) and folding back up the American Flag. He did the folding like any pro would do it.
He also had a part up front and center (with a few other classmates) singing and doing some motions to "Because you Love Me". Remarkable - I didn't cry during that!
And just and FYI...the tie is a real, tie it around your neck kind of tie. A parent at the school that he will attend next year contacted Vineyard Vines and had them produce ties and belts with the school's mascot on them. He was a bit disappointed that I didn't get him a sport coat to wear - but I thought it would be too hot and I didn't rush out to buy one. That will come shortly - I don't think I can hold him off any longer.
The Eve of Graduation
My how they grow up and become a grown up over night.
Leading the Graduates into the Stands
(and giving a little wave to the Fan Club)
Holding Glory up for 3 songs.
He said his arm sometimes burned, but that he could brace it up with the other one if he needed to.
Man do I love him so!!!!


2 comments:
Ohhh !! I am so proud !!! And his shirt tail even stayed 'tucked in'. I can't believe how grown-up both he and Julia have become! Sure makes me feel old. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks...(PS....looks like everyone is coming. Can you believe we picked a weekend that works......????)
Love You All!
Aunt Susie
"He said his arm sometimes burned, but that he could brace it up with the other one if he needed to."
Now that's doing a job right!! :)
Post a Comment