Post Christmas Rambling
And I do mean rambling.
Beware, I skip topics so fast you may get whiplash.
Christmas!
What a wonderful whirlwind of excitement.
How fast it is over.
We had such a great Christmas. The season was actually relatively easy going and laid back even though we did travel to each set of parent's houses, went to hear Julia sing at the Christmas Eve pageant at church attended a Tea, attended the school pageant, Bryan's office party and hosted a Cookie Swap. But I would definitely do it all over again!
This is the time of the season when all of the decorations have to come down. As much as I dread getting them all up and in place, I really do dread taking them all down more. And not because I know it will be time consuming, but because I will really miss the splash of Christmas all over the house. It makes things so cozy and warm.
And we have such a great tree this year too. It drank continuously and dropped very few needles. I was so impressed.
I think I said this earlier that I have been naming trees since a year or two before Bryan and I were married and this year we were on the letter "P". Legare dubbed this one "Popcorn". How happy and fitting for this time of year.
My house is still not clean from all of the excitement of Christmas morning. How does so much trash get generated? In the middle of dragging my feet to get it all straightened up around here we started having some fun too. Much Wii playing and lots of Wave Board and Rip Stik riding (street surfing). The children and Bryan have gotten very good at "surfing".
I want to be good. I do. I want one of these things for myself! But because I know what it feels like to break a bone (collar bone snapped in three back in 1997) I am terrified of hurting myself so I am scared to death of actually doing it. And in the process of being scared I am waiting for the fall (or is that willing it?).
And so of course I did fall. Several times. Now I look like a loon in front of my children. I kept saying that I really wasn't a chicken but I don't know that they bought it. One time when I fell I really smarted my hip bone. I can't wait to see what this bruise will look like if it hurts this bad 1 day later.
I guess I won't be getting my own "Stik" anytime soon :-(
I've got to get much better than this. Bryan, however, certainly deserves his own - who woulda thunk it? Bryan looking graceful on a street surfing board and ME looking like a wimp. ???
Last night both children were with others so Bryan and I went to a yummy dinner at Coco's, a great little French restaurant in Mt. Pleasant, and when we got home we helped ourselves to a Wii bowling extravaganza. Bryan won twice, I won once. Sad that my arms are sore today from playing video games. But I guess it's good because we're getting exercise while playing. And how funny that we didn't even need the kids around to play the video games! I look forward to them being gone so we can do it again.
Instead of cleaning Christmas trash, today I found myself at the Optometrist office getting some debris removed from Julia's eye. At her oyster roast last night she got some sand/dirt in her eye from the play deck that she was under. Still this morning she hadn't gotten it out and her eye was terribly swollen and weepy. I was really glad that the Dr's office was open and that he was able to find something rather easily. The swelling started subsiding instantly and the weeping stopped. I hadn't realized that the precious child hadn't smiled all morning until the little piece of whatever it was was removed. I'm so glad that she didn't horribly scratch her eye. Just a few small scratches that didn't even hurt her. Nothing a little antibiotic cream won't make sure doesn't get out of control!
In the meantime, Bryan's throat started hurting and he decided to go to the new Dr's Care down the street. He has strep. Yeay! He's been in bed all day - he hasn't been sick like this in a really long time.
Meanwhile - Legare has been doing more street surfing and mastering Guitar Hero III on the Wii. He's so cute looking like a little rock star.
Maybe I'll actually get some pictures of all of this madness up soon.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
Hope everyone's neck is o.k. from all of this quick maneuvering!


5 comments:
OW! I think I strained my EYEBALL!! Happy New Year Walpoles'. Love y'all!
Kelley
Kelley, you'll get a kick out of this...I told Julia about you calling me "Eyeball" and why, and told her I thought it may be time for me to pass along that nickname to her. Or share it anyway!
Sounds like y'all had a great Christmas. Happy New Year!
LOL! Unfortunately, I cannot in good conscience call Julia, Eyeball. {Dr. Evil voice} I shall call her: "Mini Eyeball" {/Dr. Evil voice}
Love the updates! We need a pic (or even better, a video) of you on the street surfer!
Post a Comment