Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our Sweet Animals Love Us So!

Over the years I've had many sweet gifts from my animals (can you feel the sarcasm yet?).
What kind of gifts, you ask? Many of you animal owners will have had some of these yourselves...

(live variety)
Lizards. Frogs. Mice. Baby Possums. Snakes

(half-alive variety)
Lizards. Frogs. Raccoons. Moles

(dead variety)
Lizards. Frogs. Raccoons. Moles. Rats. Mama Possums. Chickens (yes, chickens). Various Birds. Snakes. Fish. Bugs.

(dead and in the house variety)
Lizards. Bugs.
Until yesterday lizards and bugs were about the only critters that had actually been brought inside the house for us (or killed while in the house), most of the others (ie: the bigger ones) have been left at the doorstep or somewhere in the yard. But yesterday, I had a critter in the house that beat all critters....

Dead bird. In the middle of the carpet in Julia's room. NICE.

And it was a fledgling - still had pin feathers. I'm thinking the dog (who can hide all kinds of things in her very gentle, Labrador mouth) must have brought it in with her as we came in from school.

Just thought I'd share. (Have you had similar gifts left for you?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep...
Punkin loves to bring in Sun dried Earthworms. But mostly for herself. Not for me !

Love You all a lot !
Aunt Susie