Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Star is Born

Well, not quite born, but definitely incubating.
We went to The Miracle Worker callback last night. After arriving and having the group of girls called upstairs for a quick video to introduce themselves and their ages, the director came down and let us know that we were there because our girls were going to be in the production.

What?! IN the production?! Oh my gosh - in the production! Julia's dream is coming true. She is going to be a "Perkin's Institute Girl" in The Miracle Worker. This is going to be a great introduction to theater for her because the role will also have her aiding in the placement of set props during the performance, being a (digitally altered) voice in Annie Sullivan's head during her nightmare sequences, and we'll find out later if she will be an understudy for Helen Keller. The director has promised at least one performance for the understudy. OH MY GOSH! That's all I can keep thinking to myself.

I am so proud of her for wanting something, researching the possibilities and following through with me to help her get there. I hope that this experience will enrich her in good ways. We'll see if this bug sticks, or if this will be enough to cool her jets.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo !!!! Julia !!!!!!!
I am so proud ! Struttin' around with my peacock feathers fanned !
You Go Girl!

I Love You!
Aunt Susie

beckyann215@yahoo.com said...

you would not know this unless your dad told you but he had the acting bug in high school, as a matter of fact had major roles many times. he was a member of the national thespian society, so she gets it honestly.

this new place said...

cant wait for pictures!

Caroline said...

Hooray! I have been wondering. Congrats to Julia. Let us know when the performances are... it would be fun to go and watch her.