Friday, March 19, 2010

Wii Love Charleston PD

That's right...the investigator typed in our Seriel number into the Pawn Shop data base, and this morning around 11:00, I got a call that she was bringing the Wii back. There were only 6 of the 18 games, and only 1 of the 5 controls, but still. They found our Wii.

And they have the name of the girl who turned it in and they're trying to find her for questioning. And because "Burglary" is the charge - a pretty hefty one considering that means it was done in the cover of night (and people were home) - they are hoping that she will crack and drop some names and details. Then maybe we can get more stuff back, our neighbors up and down the street may be able to get their iPods and cell phones, and one neighbor may actually be able to get their car back. Well, I guess all that is pretty wishful thinking. But I can dream, right?

When we got the Wii console back, the detective wanted me to boot it up. When we did, we found several new "Mii"s that were not ours. Looked like one was created by a girl - and from what I saw on the evidence bag, it's the same name as the one who turned it in. There were a few other created by people with initials that I didn't recognize and a guy's name that I didn't recognize.

All in all, as we did the list of missing items, we realized that between the old xBox, the Wii and the old Game Cube, at least 46 games were stolen. Guess that's why they needed my Vera Bradley bag.

So, a pretty odd week ends on a much more decent note than where it started. And I'll get to end the evening grilling out on driveway on this beautiful day!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

The car was stolen from other friends of ours! I was shocked when she posted about it on Facebook!

Glad you got something back and hopefully they will find these guys!

Nancy said...

I am sure you have heard by now, but the car was returned to the neighbors!