July was All of Sudden a Long Time Ago!
July - that seems so long ago. It was a time and place where there was warm air and swimming. And a new puppy in the house. I know I have no readers left to speak of, but I'm going to try to get started again. We'll see how well I do. Please leave a comment regarding some of the things you want me to write about. The list of things that have been happening in life are all up for grabs - cast a vote - let's see if there's anyone still out there - lol!
So, what have I been doing since July?
August - creating and organizing a "mobile" storefront for the school store while the building is under renovation. This included buying a rolling "tool cart" from Sears (Craftsman - that later need replacing due to faulty wheels), and filling "school supply" orders for the 200+ students who have ordered them. Trying to plan a Happy Birthday for my son, Legare and also celebrating with my niece, Eliza - they share the same birthday. School Started.
September - the month got kicked off the my brother-in-law's death. He was 40 and passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. He laid down on his bed and never woke. Julia's birthday was the day after his funeral. Life has seemed very surreal since then. This horrible family event was quickly followed by my dad's "roof" accident. Short story is that he fell off of a roof, got tangled in the ladder on the way down and compound fractured his tibia and fibula. This required emergency surgery and a rod placed in the tibia. I was also asked to be a board member for the fledgling theater company, "Threshold Repertory Theater". Oh, and I started a part time job. (this month left me feeling kind of numb).
October - My husband and brother-in-law's birthdays (back to back - 10th and 11th). Legare's football team is in the championship bowl and won. Bryan and Legare have taken up hunting with some guys from the team.
November - the first Thanksgiving without Thomas. My Dad was given permission to "toe touch". My first quail hunt - pretty cool!
December - Threshold RT held their first production (I was so busy and numb I didn't even attend - not that I didn't want to, I just couldn't produce the extra time anywhere in my schedule). Julia had her first round of exams (ever). Her lowest grade was an 88. Pretty good, I say. Watching her study was an event in, and of, itself. The first Christmas without Thomas. A first (and possibly only) snow of the season that happened the day after Christmas.
And that's about it. Oh, and I have been pretty tired and kind of convinced that my thyroid may be to blame. So I went to the doctor. He ran some blood work and all came back fine. I have a swollen gland in my neck, and because the blood work came back fine, he's sending me for a biopsy of the node. I go for the surgical prelim on Monday. This weekend our family will be spending New Year's with some dear friends who have invite us to join them at Sea Island, Georgia. Bryan and I will go the the ball at the Cloister. I'm kind of looking forward to this, except that Legare's new Leopard Gecko, Fleck, should probably be cared for - as well as Eloise. She's likely to scarf all of the food in one day instead of letting the free feeder do its work. I'll have to get on seeing if someone can take care of her and Fleck.
So - in a nut shell - that's what's been consuming my life since July. I know you have all been busy too. Comment or otherwise respond and I promise to post sooner than later! Welcome back, and thank you for coming back, AGAIN, to check to see if I've posted. You knew I would sooner than later!
- A


4 comments:
I'm glad you are back and can't wait to see what you have to say. :) What a wild and crazy fall. I am sure you are ready for 2011.
Glad you're back! Looking forward to your posts in 2011.
I've missed you too !
Hope 2011 is a better year...for all of us ! Want to hear about your biopsy!
Love You !
Aunt Susie
Glad you are blogging again :)Also read your other post about the Thyroid--keep us updated!
Post a Comment