Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More 3rd Grade Journaling

I've run across my 3rd grade journal again. Click here to read about it's humble beginnings. I am posting an insert below - in all its grammatical glory - for you to enjoy. This one's about my grandmother (my Mom's mom.)

AN INTERVIEW WITH MY GRANDMOTHER (pg. 7)
[Jewell Etoil[e] Slawson Stokes]

1. What can you remember about the earliest events in your life? My grandmother is 65 years old. She could remember when her sister who was 3 years yunger than her was just learning to crawl and her father put her footprint in the harth by the fire place. hhmmm - her foot or her sister's foot, I wonder?

2. What are some of the best things that happend to you as a child? My grandmother said the most injoyable thing was "Getting a ride in a car to go to school." She had to walk 2 1/2 mile usually.

3 What is the worst weather that you can remember? A deep snow 3 1/2 feet deep. She was about 9 years old.

4. What awards did you receive as a child? My grandmoth sad she got an award for highest grades in Math.

5. What great invintion or special event may have changed your life? Moving from Mississippi to Kannapolis North Carolina to make her home.

6. What can you add about how times have changed since you where a youngster? there is more of everylhing. I would like to note that the "t" in everything is not crossed on the paper.

No comments: