7 Hours is Long Enough!
Aileen, Spencer and family met us at the fair this past Saturday. Bryan was out of town, so it was just me with the children.
Legare couldn't wait to share the fair with Lil' Spencer, and Julia couldn't wait to go to "the big kid side" to ride bigger, scarier, dizzier rides. So Julia and I embarked on our own, leaving Legare with Spencer and Aileen.
Juila definitely got her adventuresome gene from me. She was getting angry at some of the rides because they were putting a "Julia's too short to ride this one" height restriction in effect.
And since the children refer to this as "Pawpaw's Fair", around every third corner they were lamenting, "We sure wish Pawpaw was here!".
They think this is Dad's fair because dad is a member of the Exchange Club and he has always been at the fair every time they have been. This year, Dad is living a bit too far away to come and work a few shifts. We missed sharing the fair with Dad and Mom.
After spending 7 hours at the fair (no exaggeration - 11:45 to 6:45 - 7 hours exactly), the smiles were still going as strongly as in these pictures. I was fading, but the kids were still begging for more. I had to draw the line at 7 hours.




2 comments:
I can just imagine the 'glee'...Bet they slept good too! Anne....I think you should become a published writer. You have such a way with words. You honestly could sell your works (good side line job) !!!
Love You All.......
Aunt Susie
We sure had a great time.
Post a Comment