Monday, February 26, 2007

Private Journal Entry

First, I will have to just get it right out there and say how pathetic my post is today....I have found myself putting my daughter's room back to "neat" and found her journal. Hidden strategically under a big pile of stuff. What a find, considering I wasn't even looking for it...didn't even know she was writing in one.

Upon reading it - (Of course I read it. What self respecting Mother wouldn't?) I decided that I have to share what I found. It's too funny not to share.

Let me set the stage:

Cold night.
Lighting fire in fire place. OLD fireplace.
For the first time in 2 seasons.
Parents nervous children wouldn't know what to do if we caught the house on fire.
Went over "Fire Exit Strategies" with said children.


Journal Entry:

"Feb. 6, 2007

I just practist a fire drill. how lame!!! I mean who does that enymore?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne......!!!! Shame on you..!!!! I don't even think your mother read yours at quite that early of an age....!!! Your were in high school at least (I think) :-) )
I am really lookinig forward to seeing you guys this weekend. Uncle Bub and I both are so excited about you coming...!!!!

Love You!
Auunt Susie

Anonymous said...

I did to do the respectable mother thing, but You're right she was in High School. I think Anne is a great mom, just hope as Julia gets older Anne can find the dang journal:-)