Sunday, July 1, 2007

Not four days after Charleston lost 9 of her bravest, I was leaning out of the back door and heard sirens in our neighborhood. It sounded as if they were traveling down the main road, and then I saw lights reflecting off of the houses up the street and realized they were headed down our cul-de-sac!!

I of course run out to the porch to see what or who was in trouble. Turns out that nothing was really wrong, they spent about 2 minutes inside the house you see in this picture (which I may also add is the dwelling of the ant poison scardy cat ).



In their effort to get to our cul-de-sac which is at the beginning of our neighborhood, they tracked though the neighborhood bringing lots of nervous people in their wake. I invited them to stand in our yard, we were closest to the engines without going past them.


From what I understand...the owners smelled smoke (which I smelled too, from the bar-b-que that was happening at the home of some of the onlookers). Can't help but wonder, what with the past diligence of keeping us all safe from the ant poison, if the bar-b-que smoke was the true reason for this call to our bravest!?! And probably the reason the engines trekked through the neighborhood - looking for the fire that these neighbors smelled and called to report happening elsewhere in the neighborhood.

Go figure! This is all only my speculation. But we were all so thankful the firemen weren't having to get their feet wet so soon after the devestating fire of earlier in the week.

No comments: