Sunday, September 30, 2007

Questions, Questions

Friday I was asked this question by Legare:

"Mom, how old do you have to be before you can kiss girls on the lips?"

To which I asked why he wanted to know...seems a little boy in the class kissed a little girl in the class. I asked if the girl liked getting kissed to which he answered with great assurance, "No way - she did not!".

I then asked if there was a girl he wanted to kiss - I think his answer was a bashful "Yeah".

I then answered his question that when he was old enough to start going on dates it would probably be an o.k. time to start kissing girls on the lips. But that if the girl didn't want to be kissed she may get mad and it may mean no more dates.

I had to throw in that he needed to make sure the girl wanted to kiss so that he wouldn't decided that tomorrow was the time he was old enough to date and start out on a kissing girls quest. I want him to use his kisses wisely and not offend.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh dear! That's too funny :)I suppose these questions aren't too far off in my future!

Kak said...

Can't believe we're all going to be having days like that soon - way too soon! And I can't believe Legare is already there!