Friday, May 16, 2008

Jinx! You owe me a coke!

Isn't that the way the old saying goes? "JINX! Owe me a Coke!"
Well I don't know who the Jinx is, but I'll take my coke with a lot of BOURBON and a lime!

I just had that feeling.
You know the one, you just feel like the thing you're getting ready to do is going to go wrong.
But your clear head (not the 6th sense one) feels like you're just being crazy.

This morning my post started out with, "I'm afraid to Jinx it. But...".

Apparently I wasn't too afraid. Jinx it is exactly what I did.
But I'm still looking for someone else to get me my Bourbon and Coke.


That's right - Jinx.

I have no tooth.

I'm still toothless.

And yes, I did shed some tears.
I at least waited until I left the dentist's office to shed them.

Long story somewhat shorter goes like this:
Get in the chair. Dentist gets ready to numb me so that I don't notice the undue amount of tightening that will go on to screw the crown onto the implant rod.

As she grabs cheek, she hesitates.
She asks the assistant if she's crazy, but she doesn't think the color of the crown is correct.

Sure enough - DAY GLOW WHITE!!!

So now the lab will get it back to tint it.
And I get to go back next Thursday morning.
I could have gone Tuesday afternoon - but anyone who has ever traveled in Mt. Pleasant traffic knows that for me to get from my home base to past Brickyard in Mt. Pleasant, at 5:30, knows that is nearly an impossible task without having to give myself so much lead time that I would arrive way to early.

So next Thursday morning it is.
Aaaaaarrrggghhh!
I am so bummed out!
Jinx - stay away from me. And my tooth!

No comments: