Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Craziest Menu Item Ever

I am pasting a snippet from the latest Country Club events email. If this isn't funny to you, you didn't watch enough Beavis and Butthead in the 80's.

STAG NIGHT

Thursday, June 19th 7:30pm in the Men's Card Room with Grilled Chicken, Burgers, Cobbler, Ping Pong, and Cornhole for $10.95++. Call the Golf Shop at ###-#### to sign up.

Needless to say, I couldn't help but remembering what Beavis and Butthead think a Cornhole is. And knowing this, I couldn't imagine that most men who will be attending are really looking forward to "Cornhole" at their Stag Night. (Those two things just don't sound right together.)

Is Cornhole something they eat? Or something they will be playing? I only know what Beevis and Butthead would think they were messing with, and it kind of makes me giggle. And being that this is a reputable club, I can't imagine it's that!

Well my curiosity has gotten the better of me. I know this must be something that is all the rage, and I just have missed the boat somehow.

So I Google it (I Google everything).

Turns out, it's a game, and you can order one (lawn variety or table top variety) off of many different sites on the Internet. It seems that we all played some Cornhole growing up. We just called it the "Bean Bag Toss".

My Google search has even unearthed a YouTube song in honor of this game. In this video they have "Custom Cornhole Boards" that can be ordered from the site at the link above. They even offer their thanks to AJJ Cornhole for their custom boards at the end of their little video.

I wonder if the Country Club has custom boards? hhmm...

Anyway, hope you had a good laugh. If you haven't giggled yet, you are sure to giggle thanks to this beauty of a song video. Check it...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Definitely giggled.... thanks for the laugh. I did not know it was a game either. :)