Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


Not that I wouldn't have thought to post something nice about my Dad, but I got the inspiration for this post straight from the pages of Nothing But Bonfires. You guys know me, I read these blogs like most people would read a magazine. I started reading this blog souley due to a conversation with someone regarding our reading and enjoying another blogger's page. He recommended I follow the link to Nothing But Bonfires for some more enjoyable internet reading. So, Daddy - after stealing an idea from the other blog - this is for you!

Daddy

I am so thankful for the many things you have done for me over the years. So many have made fond memories and good laughs.

Starting with….

Accidentally letting me have my first drink of beer from your cup when your back was turned when I was approximately three. “Mmmmm…..good, Daddy – want more!”. I still love a tasty cold beer to this day.

Bathing me (and Joe) as a nighttime family ritual. There was always lots of picking up water to create a pool in your hands (they seemed so HUGE to us as children) and letting the water fall and sometimes trickle back to the tub – so much fun. We were always amazed that you could hold water in your hands for so long.

Brushing my wet, freshly shampooed hair ever so gently to get it untangled. (My daughter even requests Paw Paw for the brushing of her tangled, wet hair).

Teaching me how to fish and pretending that I skunked you and Uncle Charlie. O.K. so maybe I did catch more fish than you guys, but that’s easy to do when you can’t get a line in because of re-baiting mine or handing me the rod when there was a fish on.

Dealing with me as I almost fainted in your hospital room the night of your heart attack. You knew that was just how I was handling things and laughed with me when I started feeling less weak.

Paying for my wedding to Bryan (thanks – that was certainly worth it).

Not panicking with me on the phone the night I called you and Mom on your vacation (o.k. it’s considered morning at 3:30 am) to let you know that I was hemorrhaging and going to the hospital to have Legare three weeks early. If you had shown any sign of panic I may have fainted! I certainly would have wigged out a bit more than I was.

So many more – but such a short amount of time before the day gets started – so these will have to do for now.

I love you, Daddy (we all do) – HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

And it’s too bad I didn’t steal an idea like this for a Mother’s Day blog post. Cause Mom was sure there for so many things and memories too (like handling the details of the wedding and dealing with me on those often occasions as a child when my blood sugar would leave me and cause me to faint – including the most recent one a year ago when I monkeyed because of Julia’s thumb. I love you too, Momma!)

No comments: