I Need to Grow Up!
I have a hatred for....
...no, I have a strong dislike for the fame created for teeny boppers by Disney.
Let me give a for instance - something about Hannah Montana drives me nuts.
I can't stand her character on the show and her real persona (Miley Cyrus - who I've seen in interviews) just rubs me the wrong way.
So - when my daughter started talking about the Jonas Brothers and how they were going to be in the Disney Movie, "Camp Rock", I gave her the "eh whatever" thought in my head. If Disney was cranking out another group of teeny bopper, Prima Donna's I didn't care.
Then I started enjoying this song on the radio one day. Julia laughed and asked if I liked it. I sure did. And I was bowled over when she let me in on the fact that it was the Jonas Brothers. Well there was no way that I could like them - I don't like "Disney" bands, remember.
Then I had to admit to my husband that I thought I liked the Jonas Brothers. And of course we Googled and IMDB'd them. And I was pleasantly suprised to find that they weren't created by Disney. They already were when Disney grabbed a hold of them. They sometimes collaborate with others to write their songs, but they write their own songs. They also know how to play guitar, base, piano and drums. And they play them on stage - sometimes more than one per Brother per performace.
So, it's official, I'm a Jonas Brother's fan. I even know some of the words to some of their songs. And because of this I officially need to grow up. Cause people get in trouble all around the world for liking "youngins". However - Joe's birthday is on Friday and he'll be 19. That's o.k. right? And Kevins going to be 21 this year.
Maybe it's not o.k. that I know this birthday information. But it is o.k. for me to have a tiny little crush on Joe now that we know he's going to be 19. I only know when his birthday is because I heard them talk about it as we tuned into Live with Regis and Kelley this morning to see them. Well, so that my children could watch them of course.
And poor Nick - he either has a cold, or his voice is changing.
(pre post edit)
I just shared this post with my daughter. Earlier I stated that I "know the words to several of their songs". And she started laughing. She said, "Several of their songs??!!!!??" And then asked which songs I knew besides "Burnin' Up" - as she continued to laugh. So I changed it to read "some of the words to some of their songs" - even though I know ALL of the words to Burnin' Up. But I do know some words to others - I really do. I just can't tell you what they are.
And here - you enjoy this song from the cute Jonas Brothers. They even show they have a cute sense of humor in this video. Very likable guys. Oh, Joe's the one in the white pants who dons the fake mustache. (Nick is the one in the red boat and Kevin is the martial arts guy. Just in case you needed to know. Scary that I do.)


4 comments:
sshhh...I have a few Jonas Brothers songs on my mp3 player. From Meet The Robinsons. Kids of the Future and Year 3000. That is my favorite. I went to the year 3000! Ha Ha. So you are not the only freak but I don't know their names or birthdates. Lucy pointed them out to me on a Teen magazine the other day but I still think they all look the same!
Okay, well listen to the words of Hannah Montana's "Make Some Noise" and think about how you want your daughter to feel that way and THEN tell me you don't like that song :)
I didn't say I didn't like her songs (I actually have some of hers on the ipods and my home media center) Those words are actually a good thing for our daughters to live by. But if Julia comes home with Miley/Hannah's sassy attitude I may have to kick her into next week. Or next month.
I think she's showing "spunk" :) LOL
Post a Comment