Friday, August 29, 2008

Almost 10 and all Grown Up

Julia seems to be growing up so quickly lately that I'm beginning to get whiplash. For instance, she finally read "Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret" this summer. Took her less than 3 days and she proclaimed that she "didn't ever want it to end".

So I had to quickly hop on the "Margaret" wagon and give it a quick read to make sure I hadn't forgotten something important that we may need to talk about. Luckily this was a quick read for me (less than a day) and , "whew" - nothing too crazy.

Shortly following this read I was in Wal-Mart buying socks for Legare and Julia showed some interest in buying training bras. So of course, I obliged. 3 cute little tank (sport style) bras. Size 32.

Then Mom, aka Granny, found some precious little bras complete with smaller, adjustable straps and a single hook and eye on the back (size M). Oh, hurt my heart. This is happening fast. One good thing - you'll notice there are no cup sizes in these sizes I've listed. There's still time for that.

Now mind you, she doesn't wear a bra every day, but I'll forget she has these and as she's getting ready for a shower, off comes the shirt, and down drops my heart whey I see the cute little purple bra.

And then last night, I get word from her fourth grade teacher that she "adores" Julia and is "inspired" by her. WOW.

Today she's also going with her Daddy to get fitted for contacts. For him and for her. She's so excited (and so am I). Though she is so cute in her girly, pink glasses, I miss that cute, unencumbered face. I hope they have her prescription and size in stock.

But she's so grown up that if there aren't any of her size contacts in stock, I know she'll not be too disappointed. She'll be patiently waiting for them to come in and she'll get started when they're here. See what I mean, growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I know that we are going to be hitting "10" before we know it. Wow, I remember shopping for my first bra. What a milestone.