Fleas
Yep. Fleas. All of my animals have them.
So, I do what any self respecting mother does and hop on PetMeds to order more flea medicine.
I did this Monday or Tuesday....it's already here today - can you believe that!?
I'm so excited. So I dose everyone up with the stuff you squeeze on them and give them each a Capstar. That's the pill that begins killing the live fleas within 20 minutes so that the topical stuff can start working it's 4 week magic more effectively.
I've always kind of felt sorry for, but also giggled a bit, at how funny it is to watch the animals scratch to death while the Capstar works its magic. It's a few minutes of misery until the fleas are all dead. Then - relief.
Except that I'm feeling awful for Felix (aka Trouble Cat). As the fleas began to start dieing this time he began running all over the house trying to find the perfect perch to get away from what ever it was that was making him itch. He was literally going mad. He jumped on the counter and tried to hide, he jumped on me and tried to hide, he RAN as I opened the door to go outside. He went under bushes, around the tree, up and over the fence...just like someone was chasing him. All the while letting out the most mournful cat sound you ever did hear.
He scaled the fence to get away and ended up hiding under the trailer in the driveway next door. Still with this awful moan. And panting. I am not laughing anymore. I am feeling horrible for my cat and hope he can make it through the next few hours of flea death. However, he has white fur and I was seeing a gracious amount of black spots surfacing in his fur, so hopefully it wont' take too long. Poor Guy! And per the Capstar product insert - this whole scenario is something, though rare, that can happen to cats.
And you wonder why we call him "Trouble"? If he's not into it, it follows him around.


2 comments:
Cat is back to normal. Poor guy!
Capstar is awesome!
Post a Comment