Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Bunch of Rambling

Been up for a while at this point.
Not quite sure why.
I have been playing some mean games of Gin Rummy over at games.com. I think it could even be said that I kicked some computer ass!

I used to go online and play LINGO. That was a fun game too - especially when Bryan and I would sign on and play against each other. But I can't ever find the old LINGO anymore. They've re-tooled that website.

Don't know why I'm boring you all with this drivel about games, just seems to be what was on my mind I guess. I could have written about the 4th. That was a fun weekend, but nothing really earth shattering or particularly fun to share.

oooh - except that I burned the fool out of my back. Yep. Not that this is fun to report, but funny and may make you laugh. I lotioned up everywhere but couldn't reach my back. And there was no spray sunscreen around. Everyone was on the boat tubing so I didn't think it'd be a big deal to wait for a while - I was just in the chair reading. Then I forgot to ask anyone when they came back to lotion me up. But I was still mostly in the chair reading. Guess is doesn't provide as much SPF as a good 'ol T-shirt does cause I am FRIED. Cocoa Butter actually soothes it pretty well.

Last night was the last swim meet of the season. We only won 2 meets this season. But that's to be expected with a roster of only 57 swimmers. Last year we had over 80. And when everyone's at camp and your numbers are down in the 30's for meets, you just have a bunch of holes in your heat sheet and there's no way to win. The children that have been swimming have been doing a great job though. And our coaches are fantastic.

One of them has called Julia, "Julia Gulia" since she started the team in the 6 and under age group (reference to a character from The Wedding Singer and what her name will be when she gets married). Anyway, he and Julia want to register as Julia Gulia next year. That will be pretty funny until she goes and has a city record with back stroke or something and gets listed in the paper and the record books forever as Julia Gulia. But kind of a funny thing, none the less.

I think tonight may be the first night I actually prepare supper (more than the left overs and yummy casseroles everyone brought us after the surgery). I'm craving Mexican, so I may do burritos, I may have a taco night. We'll see. Pretty sad that at 6:30 in the morning I'm already day dreaming about supper.

I'll come up with some better topics later - right now I'm going to go lay back in bed until Bryan gets up. He's been getting up pretty early lately, so by the time I get there it may be no time in bed at all.

Have a great day everyone. Oh, in case you haven't seen it already, enjoy the little you tube parody that T-Pain did with Taylor Swift at the CMA's to help fulfill her dream of rapping with T-Painl Pretty Funny!

1 comment:

this new place said...

we might be eating grilled cheese again tonight. summertime, I have a hard time motivating myself to drag two kids to the market!