I've Been Doing Lots of Things
Hey, there! It's been a while.
A long while.
That means time must be Hauling Ass. I feel like I just posted the other day.
I can't believe that it's already the middle of July.
Well, read on if you want some quick snapshots of what we've been up to.
The children are (almost) finished with their summer math books. Julia is finished with almost all of her summer reading. Legare is 1/4 of the way finished with it. I'm getting nervous whether he'll finish or not without a big struggle (he's currently giving very little effort to it)
Aside from summer math and reading, what have we been doing? Well....
We replaced the 2nd of the long time fish. (Both of the new fished died, and we decided to retire the bowl for a while. I still kind of miss seeing the fish as I walk by the book shelves.)
The first week of summer we vacationed at Kiawah with the family. Loads of fun.
We've celebrated mother's day, father's day and my Dad's b-day in one pool or another.
We buried a friend's 10 year old daughter last week (amoebic meningitis).
I've seen Julia off on a week's vacation to the Adirondacks with some good friends (she's coming home Sunday).
We've had weeks and weeks of 3-a-day swim practices and two swim meets a week (sounds like a lot, but it's actually kind of fun - Bryan I'm sure would beg to differ). The City Meet is happening this Sun through Tuesday and we'll be officially done with swimming.
I had lunch with a long lost sorority sister who was in town.
We came home from Kiawah to a green pool and a house full of fleas.
Had to replace the salt-to-chlorine unit (it was under warranty yeah - no expense). Once it was fixed, the pool "blued" right up.
I've Medicated the crap out of the animals for the fleas.
We bombed the house for fleas the day we got back from Kiawah.
Just this week I sprayed down the yard for fleas. This coincided with re-medicating the animals - AGAIN. I think I've been doing this every 3 weeks instead of the recommended 4. Is that animal abuse?
We got new (to us - but they're hand-me-downs) bunk beds put up in one of the bedrooms at "the red tin roof" house.
We finally got most of the stuff out of the upstairs bedrooms at the red tin roof house.
We have full use of the dining room out there again due to another cleaning (thank you Spencer - for relocating your office stuff and being such a great overseer while you were having your temp office there).
We put the boats in the water. I think we've already used them more this summer than last.
A few friends came out to the farm (aka "red tin roof house") for a pre-4th celebration.
Bryan and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary (by celebrating I mean we went out to the farm and I got to crawl under the house to run a pipe.)
This pipe means there is now water at the dock (yea!).
I've placed the order for the school supply kits for about 200 children. (I'm in charge of the particular committee that handles that).
I have also ordered the few misc. things that need to be in the kits that our supplier couldn't find.
I've been to the DNR Office twice. Once right before the 4th to get a registration sticker for the boat. Again today to replace faded registration stickers for the motor.
I've watched my precious child, Legare, learn to hydro-slide. (and since it's on a Hydro-Slide brand knee board, I can call it Hydro-sliding).
I put Julia's finger in a splint for a little over a week due to thinking it was broken because of pinching it in the hinge of the boat ladder (I've never seen such a black finger tip - ouch!)
I attended a Guerilla Cuisine event (underground supper club) at Blu. (very interesting and great food!).
I will be going to the mountains in August.
Legare will be attending Camp St. Christopher in August.
Both children will go with Mom and Dad to Holden Beach in August.
At some point I have to order school uniforms (new this year - 5 days a week, not just on PE days.) I can't decide if I'm excited or not.
I've applied for a job or two (no responses).
And I've been doing lots of laundry. Drinking lots of beers, and been enjoying my children.
What about you?


No comments:
Post a Comment