The Kind of Wife I Am
I was just wondering what Bryan might do if in fact he had married someone other than me.
Someone who may have been a true GIRLY GIRL that wasn't able to do things like, hang ceiling fans, hammer a nail, do dry wall work, check the oil to see if it needs changing, trailer a boat, help clean doves, etc., etc.
What if he had married someone who needed the constant manicure? Or pedicure? Someone who was above doing her own nails. Someone who couldn't put a 30 foot trailer on the back of her car and drive it around town. Or realize that she should park it (and do so successfully) so that she could get onto Archdale Street to pick up her children from school without getting it stuck at the turn onto Queen Street.
Or what if he married someone who insisted that he bait mouse traps? And leave it solely up to him to decide that the trapping needed to be done in the first place. And then what if she left it up to him to empty the mouse traps? Not because she was sad that she had killed one of God's creatures, but because she was such a girly girl, that she was truly afraid of the sight of a mouse.
And what if he married someone who was so afraid of the mice, that instead of depositing them in the river herself so that they could become crab food, she waited until he got home to get it out of the house? Giving it ample time to bake all day in the hot kitchen and start stinking up the place.
And on the flip side - what would I do if I had married a person, who did not like venturing off to work in the mornings? All so that he could bring home the bacon and provide his family with some of the nicer things in life.
What if I had actually married someone who took the initiative of baiting and checking mouse traps each day and actually disposing of the dead creatures himself?
Boy! Life would really be different for us both I would say.
Great things to ponder as we near the eve of our 12th anniversary.
I love you, Bryan!


1 comment:
like he would have married anybody else!! :)
love you folks!
Kelley (Shull) Cannon
Post a Comment