Am I Living in the Twighlight Zone?
See what you think....click here.
See what I mean! It can't be true - FREE KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!?!?
Today only!
It's actually National Doughnut Day and Krispy Kreme seems to be the only doughnut shop doing the free doughnut thingy (one per customer). And apparently it's not just one free glazed - it's one free whatever you want off of the menu.
Apparently Doughnut Day began as a fund raiser for the Salvation Army to honor the "lassies" (the article's word, not mine) who gave coffee and doughnuts to homesick soldiers in France in WWI. Seems this little tradition was started in 1938, the year after Krispy Kreme was started (1937 per their website). I think these dates are just a coincidence, however, because no where did it say that Kripsy Kreme actually started Doughnut Day. They are just the ones rising to the occasion to help us all celebrate in style with a free doughnut.
Currently it's only ten til 6:00. But I'm planning on partaking as soon as the children are awake.
The one on Savannah highway is less than 5 miles from here (I checked on the nice map the article linked to for readers to ensure that there was a Krispy Kreme near them.)
Did you know:
*it looks as if 15 of our 50 states don't have Krispy Kreme's?
*And apparently Krispy Kreme is available all over the world except for the entire CONTINENTS of South America and Africa. Seriously. Check out the map for your self and start feeling sorry for them too.
*The plants where the mix is made are certified Kosher. So even the most orthodox of individuals can still enjoy a Krispy Kreme confection.
*Krispy Kreme is a good old southern thing - started in Kentucky (with the purchase of a small shop from a French chef from New Orleans). They then relocated in Nashville for a while before moving their headquarters to Winston-Salem, NC.
I gleaned all of this doughnut knowledge from that one article and their links to the Krispy Kreme site. Wonder when I'll ever need this info again? Possibly next year, on the first Friday of June - when it will once again be National Doughnut Day! Ooooooh. It just dawned on me how lucky my brother is. His birthday is June 2nd and it will no dought (see - doughnuts on the brain - it should be doubt) fall on a Friday here and there and he will be able to partake of a FREE birthday doughnut upon occasion.
*I really did type doubt incorrectly - that was not for comic effect. Sad or what!
*And I'm only awake so early today because I went to sleep at 9:30 last night and apparently 8 1/2 hours was all I required - bummer - 10 would have been divine. But not as divine as that doughnut's gonna be - ha! I wouldn't have found out about them in such a timely manner had I slept in this morning.


1 comment:
Wish I had been up on my blog readings and found a KK in Blowing Rock. Yum! Sorry I missed this one.
BTW- Thanks for the advice. I do need to schedule one on one time with F.
Post a Comment