Procrastination, Procrastionation, Procrastionation.
I have laundry. Sheets to change. Kitchen to straighten now that lunch is over. Vacuuming of the house. Etc, etc.
But I decide that you need to know about my case of Chiggers. Red Bugs if you prefer. They sound more menacing when you call them chiggers. And menacing they are. I feel that you need to know about these more than I need to do that other stuff. O.K., maybe you don't really need to know more than the stuff needs to get done but this is my means of procrastinating this time.
Sometime over the weekend I realized that I had a few little "bites" behind one knee. We live in Charleston, who doesn't at this time of year? As the next 24 hours or so progressed, I realized I had them on my ankle, in my bikini area and the back of my leg near said area (the specific area that is visible outside my bathing suit - chez attractive), under my arm, and one lone chigger on my breast. All on my right side.
All of these spots are slightly itchy. Luckily nothing like poison ivy. And since I have a tendancy to be pessimistically optimistic (that means I sarcastically see the bright side of things) these are the funny things I see with these lovely red, itchy bumps:
1. It's funny watching my husband apply finger nail polish to the hard to reach areas. The little tiny brush in one hand, the jar of polish in the other. It just doesn't look natural for him. Though I think he much enjoys being close to those nether regions "helping me out". At first he didn't even know what I had him putting on me, he was just happy to have been asked. He knew it had something to do with nail products but truly thought this was Remover. giggle
2. It's also funny to me that I haven't had chiggers since I was a kid. It truly has been a long time and it just seems odd to me that I have them now that I'm in my last year of my 30's. Who gets chiggers now? When you haven't been camping? Especially when no one else in your family has them. How do you explain that? I mean, all three of my family members where at Camp St. Christopher last week. Sweet, polish wielding husband attended Buddy Camp with sweet son. And daughter quickly followed with a session of camp that ended Saturday. I picked her up, but I already had them by then.
Go figure.
I even tried to blame their arrival on sitting on my neighbor's back porch. But she doesn't have anything. Nothing. Not even a gnat bite.
Again, go figure! Luckily they are starting to dry up. Bryan will miss his nail polish duty.
17 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment