Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Last week's rain almost overflowed my pool. Or was that rain from earlier this week?
Anywhooo - I had to open the drain and let some out because is was crazy deep. I usually gently open it so that I can keep an eye on it and do it slowly. Glad I did because this time I TOTALLY FORGOT about it.
I was going to let it run for about 30 minutes, check it, and go for another 15 to 30 minutes. Check it again and tweak the times until I got the level right.
Well.
I left at 11:30 to get the children at noon dismissal from their first day of school. I then took them to eat lunch and on to have a celebratory ice cream at the Marble Slab. I then took a quick jaunt to Wal-Mart to get some locker magnets for Julia's new locker and some bigger socks for Legare (we hadn't worn them all summer to know they were getting tight), stopped by the pharmacy to get my "gotta go right now" medice and then finally came home. As I was entering the house it dawned on me that I had left the water flowing out of the pool this whole time.
Well I caught it just before the water went below the skimmer opening. Had this happened, I could have blown up my pump. Egads.
I hate when I have to put the hose in the pool and turn on the city water to get the pool level back up. So knowing that tropical storm Fran was possibly on the way I decided to keep a close watch on the level (evaporation can be tricky this time of year) and try to wait it out.
Well I'm glad I did. Looks like by the end of the day I may be draining water out again.
Hopefully this time I'll remember to keep a better eye on it.


5 comments:
At least you can always count on a good afternoon thunderstorm this time of year, at least once a week. We'll have to come test out your pool maintenance soon!
I never knew that a pool required such vigilance.... whew. Glad it all turned out.
actually - the pool is pretty easy - you just can't let it rain 4+ inches without taking note.
I can't remember any of your post because the icecream place called "The Marble Slab" has got my mind going....off to rummage for icecream in the freezer...have you really a place called that?! Do they mix the icecream on the marble slab? OH MY GOSH. I have to come visit.
We have Marble Slab and Cold Stone Creamery. You can select toppings and they blend them into the ice cream on the marble slab, or cold stone - depending on where you are.
Soooo gooood!
Post a Comment