Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude is Our Attitude!

That's the title of the literary work that my 10 year old daughter brought home on Monday. "Gratitude is Our Attitude" is the class motto and yes, the teacher weaves that through everything they do. It's fantastic.

Well, since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought I would share this piece of work with you. For the assignment the class was given the title and told to come up with a list of at least 7 things they were grateful for. And since they were in computer class, this is typed and alternating colors are used on each line. I'll try to duplicate it here. These colors are very "fall" like.

Gratitude is Our Attitude!

I am grateful for...

..God because he created me.
..my dog because she's a friend when I'm alone.
..my friends because they comfort me when I'm sad.
..my family because they're always there for me.
..my shelter so I'm not out side.
..scientists for all they do for us.
..nature for fresh air.
..my grandparents for everything they've done for me.
..technology because I can learn more.
..everyone for everything.


That pretty much sums it up, don't you think? Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm grateful for your friendship and for those I don't know, that you stop by and read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks so much for your comment on my recent post. I'm doing good and miss him and all, but trying to keep it in check...and fine with being alone tomorrow. (check with me tomorrow though and see how I'm doing, heh heh) Movies. Sewing. Going walking with a girlfriend. I got junk food too. Ha. But again, thank you. And Happy Thanksgiving to you! Have a GREAT time!

Caroline said...

I love it!

Mike said...

What a great assignment from the teacher. Your daughter has some great insight on what to be grateful for. I know some adults who could use that lesson...