Eat Very Slowwwly
I'm so excited that mom gave us a slow cooker for Valentine's Day (mine is bla
ck). I have never really done anything but beef and vegetables in the crock and I am dying to try more. Mom gave me a handy little starter book of recipes and my Aunt Susie also shared some with me. Then, this morning on GMA, they had a whole segment on Emeril's Slow Cooker Challenge. Is this not perfect timing for getting a slow cooker, or what?
The Crockpot Lady (Stephanie O'Dea) did a buffalo chicken lasagna in one of her cookers and a breakfast casserole in the other. (I really feel like I should mention that she had the largest slow cookers that I've ever seen!).
ABC gave us the link for their site so we could enjoy the recipes shown this morning and I included it here too (scroll way down for the link to the breakfast casserole recipe). The links on ABC for slow cookers also gave way to a new blog called Crockpot 365 . This blog is where the Crockpot Lady from the GMA segment challenged herself to do a slow cooked meal every day for a year. I haven't checked it out yet, but I've added it's link to the side bar on the right; I foresee getting some good use out of it.
I don't know when I'll get started, but I can't wait to try out new slow cook/Crock Pot recipes. A family can only eat so much roast.


3 comments:
I'll be glad to eat an experimental meal. Let me know when, and I'll be there.
The Crockpot 365 blog is great. I have made several of her things.
I have never used one. But keep thinking I want one.
Post a Comment