Body Parts and Clip Art
Conversations we have in the car:
Daughter says, "Mom, I did some clip art today for a brochure in computer class."
I'm in awe and say, "You know about clip art?"
Then, as if I'm kind of behind the times, she says very coolly, "Yeah - it's pretty neat." She then told me about her search word and the pictures it returned. I can't remember what her search word was; probably because of what immediately followed.
Son (jumping in to the conversation with a lot of excitement) says, "We did clip art too. And I typed in 'boob' and got a picture of a pizza."
To which I immediately snap to attention and think to myself, "What did he just say?". And then out loud I quickly ask, with kind of that serious momma tone in my voice, "Legare - what in the world were you doing typing in the word 'boob'? Especially in school? And why would that word return a picture of a pizza?"
To which I get the very incredulous response of, "Mmoomm - I said 'FOOD' not 'Boob'.
I'm thinking "whew" at this point and begin wondering why I thought he said "boob"in the first place. I dismiss it with the thought that his speech must have just been muddled. And then he hits me with this....
"But you know..........Boobs are waaaaay better than pizza!"
And this - from the mouth of the 8 year old! Must be like father, like son.


5 comments:
Made me laugh out loud!!!!!!! he did like those when he was a baby and it was food. just like his uncle Ken. what a MAN!
Sounds like his Uncle Joe too !
Remember..."you ought to see my Aunt Susie...!!!" he might have been about that same age !
You're gonna have to watch that boy ! I remember the story of his uncle Buddy kissing the girls in the coat room. Seems it runs in both sides of the family...that could be dangerous !
Love You!
Aunt Susie
I hate to say this, but the food (especially pizza) beats boobs most nights around here....
ha ha ha!!! I love this!!! We love the word "boobs" in our house, and we are all girls. (except for the new guy)
Anne... i haven't read your blog in a while...I just laughed out loud when I read this story!! CLASSIC!! I am still laughing!
Post a Comment