Quick Note from Vacation
OK...we're on vacation, but I wanted to get this written before I forgot about it, and it's too precious not to memorialize. With all the goings on about Michael Jackson's death recently, Julia has discovered that I have several of his songs on my iPod. And she is thrilled.
So, the other day as we were listening to "Beat It", she asked a very interesting question about Michael Jackson. A question that really is relevant to her understanding of MJ, but at face value seems ridiculous if not insensitive (so glad she's an innocent child).
QUESTION: Mom, was Michael Jackson black or white when he sang this song?
This was also quickly followed by: He was white when he died right?
My answers went like this: Well, he was always a black man - he just did something to make his skin look white. And when he sang "Beat It", he was somewhere in between.
That seemed to satisfy. Oh, the innocence of children!
P.S. I will post some cool spider pictures after vacation.


3 comments:
Your right, he was always black but he suffered from some skin disorder that bleached his skin. My father in law (who is white) also has this aliment on his arms and legs...
Even though I'm tired of hearing about him, his music will live forever. Probably will rival Elvis...
hope you are having a good vaca! And oh my gawd, that is priceless "he was white when he died, right?" Heh heh heh!
love it! :)
Post a Comment