Parts of the Day for August 15th
Worst Parts:
Me - Not being able to help my dog.
Willis (my black lab) has bitten a stick and a part of it is lodged between her back teeth. Today was the second day of her staying under the house sulking because of this stick. She won't relax for me to be able to pull on it hard enough to get it out. I can get my hand in her mouth and begin to tug at it (the stick feels as if it's as big around as my finger), but she panics, and I am not able to get it. I know it must hurt, plus ... it's in there SUPER tight. She is generating enough saliva that hopefully the wetness will help to break down the stick and help it come loose.
Ella (my yellow lab) is known for this "Stuck Stick" phenomenon, but she seeks me out to get me to help dislodge it. Smart dog! She's not as high strung as Willis is - and that's an understatement describing Ella, not Willis, I promise you haven't met a more laid back dog than Ella.
I even enlisted Thomas' help to try to hold Willis down so I could better get at the stick. He was great at holding her down, but she was still squirmy enough that I couldn't make any head way. My heart hurts for my dog. I'll try again tomorrow.
Children - None
Best Parts:
Me - one of my best friends (she's also a cousin), Sue, has opened Belle Amie Salon and today was the Opening Day! Sue has been doing my hair since before Bryan and I were married and we've been waiting on her to hang her own shingle. And wow, is Belle Amie a precious salon! Congratulations, Sue!!!
Children: (two Good Parts since there were no Worst Parts)
1st part - Today, they are again in agreement...renting movies...RV and Shaggy Dog.
During one scene of RV (a very cute movie, but some of the humor was a bit old for my kids) the Dad is placing blocks under the back tire of the RV so that it doesn't roll away. When he is done he says, "That was easy". To which Legare exclaims, "He could have just pushed the Easy Button!". Of course there was lots of laughter!!
Too much TV in Legare's day, I would say. For those like Bryan who aren't in the know, the Easy Button is a sales gimmick for Staples. It is a big red button that if pushed, is supposed to make things easy for you. They really sell them in the stores. It has "Easy" printed on it, and when you push it a voice says, "That was Easy". Legare wants one.
2nd part - Talking to Granny this morning on the phone. I think they each must have told her about every individual school supply they had, down to the box of Kleenex. Sorry, Mom.


1 comment:
just enjoyed hearing their voices even if it was every school supply
Post a Comment