Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Teeth are feeling normal

o.k .... I am feeling way better than I thought I would...my teeth are seated back where they are supposed to be, my headache went away after the first dose of ibuprofen today, and my neck wasn't stiff like I thought it would be (though it feels like a trip to the chiropractor would be in good order).

My tongue has a nice sore spot on it, I have a bruised feeling spot on my chin (no discoloration as of yet), and my jaw joint is a bit sore feeling. But I am impressed by how little I am actually affected by my whop in the face. Mom says that if my jaw wasn't dislocated, it could have possibly been that the bursa sack (is this the correct word) in the joint could have been displaced from the blow. This could be why my mouth didn't function correctly for bit, yet left no swelling. Mom used to work for an orthodontist and had patients that this happened to.

No comments: