Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's in a Name

"Whats [sic] In a Name" P 3.

My name is Julia Suzanne Becnell [sic]. My mother and father named me. I was named after my aunt Susan and my aunt Julia and my mom. My name means Julia - (Latin - Greek) Downy face, youthful. Suzanne - (Hebrew) Lily. My nick name is Anne. My mother gave me the name Anne because she likes the name Anne. She couldn't name me Julia because I had an aunt named Julia. She couldn't name me Susan because I had and aunt named Susan. I would like to change 1 part of my name. I would like to change Anne because people tease me. But I love the name Anne.



OK....there are so many misspellings that I'm not even keeping up with the [sic] anymore. You're just going to have to know that if something is incorrect - that's the way it was in the journal.

Also - apparently, I was meaning to say that "She couldn't call me Susan (or Julia).". Not, "She couldn't name me Susan (or Julia)". And I failed to mention how part of my name is "after my mom". Her middle name was Ann. She added the "e" to mine (because it's a letter better - just joking - no not really - ha).

And the picking I was receiving was in the form of "Little Orphan Annie", "Annie Fannie", or just plane "Annie". And I really don't think I loved the name Anne at the time I wrote this post. I think I just didn't want to hurt my mother's feelings.

Come to find out though - I really do like the name Anne now. It took writing a paper about my name in college for it to dawn on me that Anne was a pretty good moniker.

No comments: