Friday, October 10, 2008

45 Odd Things About Me

45 ODD Things about me - another thing that went around the email circuit. Thought I would post mine here

1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing? Yes - homemade, more than from the bottles

2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Yes – but I’m not a smoker and I hate cigarette smoke

3. Do you own a gun? yes (well my husband does - I purchased one for him as a birthday gift so I guess my name is with that serial number)

4. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee shop? Carmel Machiotto (hot) – or Orange Mocha Frappaccino - Derek Zoolander and his Male Model friends knew what they were talking about

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Sometimes

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like mine grilled and crunchy black. I prefer them with chili, shredded cheese, onions (sometimes), ketchup and mustard. Maybe some slaw if it's good slaw.

7. Favorite Christmas song? Winter Wonderland

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Diet Coke when it's hot out, coffee with cream when it's cooler out

9. Can you do pushups? Yes - even though I couldn't for a while after breaking my collar bone.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My diamond and sapphire ring (set in platinum - love it, love it, love it)

11. Favorite hobby? I don't know anymore

12. Do you have A.D.D.? I don't think so

13. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? I'm too judgmental sometimes

14. Middle name? Suzanne/Becknell

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. What's going to happen when the market gets to $0? I can't stand the sound of Barak Obamas voice - I feel as if he's talking down to us (he's on TV right now). I need to get in the shower.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Diet Coke, coffee, Beer - doctor says I need to add more water - but it's so bland unless it's ICEY cold

17. Current worry right now? Finances - and what I'm getting Bryan for his birthday tomorrow - 40

18. Current hate right now? This election

19. Favorite place to be? In the company of friends or family having a fun visit

20. How did you ring in the new Year? rode bikes down the street to a neighbor's house. Had a great party with the neighborhood friends and children. Actually rode my bike back home without crashing.

21. Like to travel? Yes - but getting packed is stressful

22. Name three people who will complete this: Mom, Susie and Sue

23. Do you own slippers? No, but the children do and sometimes I slip them on and wear them around - the big puffy ones feel great

24. What color shirt are you wearing? pink

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No - they make me sweat and I don't like sweating when I'm sleeping

26. Can you whistle? Yes, but only when I suck the wind backwards so it's not so good

27. Favorite singer/band? U2 always. And I'm kind of liking Maroon 5

28. Could you ever make it 39 days on the show Survivor? I think I could "make it", but I would probably end up getting so ticked at others that they would end up voting me off because I would go bitter

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? None

30. Favorite girl's names? Julia - Adelaide - Isabelle

31. Favorite boy's names? Legare, Robert

32. What's in your pocket right now? Nothing

33. Last thing that made you laugh? Betsy's story about her crazy hamster

(I just realized as I'm posting that there's no number 34)

35. Worst injury you've ever had? My broken collar bone - it snapped in two in two places. It didn't heal after 9 months so it took surgery to fix it with a plate, 6 screws and some hip bone. The plate and screws were removed - I have them in a sealed package in my file cabinet

36. Do you love where you live? Yes

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 4 - all flat screens and my husband has mounted 3 on the wall - being an electronic geek is kind of his thing.

38. Who is your loudest friend? Hhhmmmm - not sure - does this mean it's me? Could be Lisa Gehlken

40. Does someone have a crush on you? Yes, I just don't know who

41. What is your favorite book? "Water For Elephants" was a good one - "The Other Boleyn Girl" was too. I just finished "The Shack" and really liked it too. I'm currently reading "Book of the Dead" by Patricia Cornwell. I rarely, if ever, read a book twice, so a favorite is hard to say. Ooooh - To Kill a Mockingbird!

42. What is your favorite candy? Dark chocolate truffles of most sorts

43. Favorite Sports Team? Clemson Tigers

44. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Being sad over the Tiger loss and heading to bed.

45. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today?
"Already? Wonder if I can get away with staying here a bit longer?"

No comments: