Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kids Nowadays

Nothing so new or fun to report this week; sorry for the lack of posting. I have been enjoying reading and commenting on other blogs and with all of that reading I still haven't come up with inspiration for a post. So I thought this may be a good time for another post from my 3rd grade journal, "My Roots". It's been a while.

To read other 3rd grade journal posts click here and here. And remember that misspellings and grammatical errors below are the way it's written in the yellow, "journal" folder. Enjoy.

Kids Nowadays Have it Easy pg. 5

When my mom was little she didn't have central heat. They had a coal heater. And if you wanted to get worm you had to go the heater room.(the period here looks more like a dash than a period on the written paper. The precursor to my dash usage I guess). They didn't have an air conditioner. They had a fan and they got it at the hardware store, and they kept it in the corner. In the summer they would lay infrount of it and fall asleep.

When my father was little, he didn't have a T.V. the way he got the news was, from the radio or news paper. And he didn't have central heat either.

I have central heat and an air conditioner and I have a T.V. They didn't have this stuff when they were little. But I do.

And just think...my children think I have it rough because we didn't have computers or iPods. And they have laughed heartily at our old Atari games. Remember Pong?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is it that your halloween logo is with lit pumpkins and not the squirrel tail?

Anonymous said...

remember pac man?! that is too funny. "central heat". My kids cant believe I didnt have polly pockets