Monday, June 29, 2009

Lost and Found

I occasionally misplace things.
I am usually pretty good at retracing my steps. Every now and then I enlist the help of others.
For instance....on the way to the hospital, I decided NOT to take my phone in, too much for my loved ones to keep up with, so I left it in Bryan's car.

After remembering this 5 days later, I ask Bryan to look for it for me in his car (bending at the waste was slightly uncomfortable). He didn't find it. I get slightly panicked, but mostly sad that I can't find it and will have to rebuild the numbers that were on the sim card.

Guess who found the phone? My daughter (after I bribed her $10).
Guess where she found it? Under the seat in the car - where she could see it from her seat in the back.

So, this weekend, as my children get their Godparents, officially, I wanted the camera to snap some shots. I ask Bryan to go to my car to get it; telling him it's in there somewhere - I had it when I picked up Legare from camp and didn't bring it in.

He looks. He can't find it. So I go behind him and look under the seats. I found it today (a day too late). Guess where it was???? In the middle of the back seat, behind the other stuff he moved on top of it while looking for it. I didn't look on top of seats this weekend thinking he did - I looked under them.

So I guess we are both to blame. However, I think I need to either stop asking him to find stuff - cause he never does - or we need to invest in some kind of "How to Find Things" 10 step program for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it from me....most males don't know how to find things. It's because they expect to open the door (drawer, etc.) and have whatever they want just jump into their arms ! It's because we spoil them. And also because...Men don't do details...remember that one ?
Uncle Bub's favorite saying is 'Do I live here..?

Love You !
Aunt Susie

Mike said...

I can attest to the males not finding things. If I wasn't married, God only knows how I'd make it through life. My wife is there to help me find my brains sometimes...

this new place said...

i am the one to find things. i lost my glasses and guessed where they were (they were somewhere not in the house) and turns out I was right. J was like, "no, you didnt leave them there". I always find things.