Wednesday, June 3, 2009

T Minus 60 Minutes

The long awaited surgery is here. I have to be up in about 55 minutes to get myself ready and shower with the "Professional Degermer". Seriously, that's what it's called.

And of course I have had a horrible night's sleep. I have been prepping my house for days for my being down and off of my feet for a few days and still have more to do. My sweet husband was so cute pleading with me to leave the house alone and get some rest. So I finally got in bed around midnight. WIDE AWAKE.

I tried to watch some TV. I tried turning off the TV. I got up a few times and went to the bathroom "one last time" (I can't wait for this surgery to help cease that activity). I then noticed my back was in a crick (all of the nesting and cleaning did that today I think). I got up and rolled on my back thingy. I finally fell asleep.

I have had fitful sleep. I woke about 30 minutes ago and came to the couch to send Bryan an email of people for him to email after the surgery is finished. (Movin', it just dawned on me I should have put you on that list - I'll let you know separately.) I'm chalking up this fitful sleep to the way you feel as a child waiting for Santa to come....so excited that he's coming, yet a bit nervous that maybe you were bad and he's really not going to visit your house.

This surgery has the potential to do so much more than just cure me of my monthly curse. It also has the potential to take away much of the constant tiredness and a good majority of my peeing issues. Of course all of this excites me.

I am a bit nervous just because what if it doesn't help with those things....but those really will be a bonus, not the main reason for doing it in the first place. I also am nervous that I'll miss the alarm, be late and have to reschedule this thing. And I don't want to do that. I am also on edge because I want a drink of water and it's past midnight, so I can't have anything. Which also reminds me that I can't eat now either. Which of course makes me hungry.

Just yesterday when Legare learned that I couldn't eat after midnight, he was very concerned for me and asked if I would be able to eat again after my surgery. I think he was bit nervous that I may never get to eat again. It was pretty cute!

So now I have 35 minutes before I need to get up - ha. At least I'll get some good sleep tomorrow, right? Ooops, that's really good sleep later today it is "this morning" already. Maybe I'll get good sleep. But maybe not, they don't usually do a good job of letting you rest when you're in the hospital. You know, all the constant checking your vitals every few hours. Sleep is sometimes pointless.

Anyway - I have Mad Libs for people to fill out with me when they come to visit (my children are looking forward to that), and I have cards to play with for those staying a while. I also have a book if I find myself alone and not sleeping.

So - T Minus 20 minutes 'til shower time.
Singing Off

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I just knew you would be up an 'posting' this AM before your surgery ! Seems I know you too well. Just got Bryan's e-mail a little while ago and am so glad all went well! I hope this cures 'all your ills'. Just wanted you to know that I love you and you have been and will continue to be in my prayers. Hope to talk to you soon !
Aunt Susie

Nancy said...

Glad to know everything went well (I was with Aileen when Bryan called) and I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!

movin down the road said...

email me when you are up on your computer again! (but dont push it!) thinking of you! xo