Football is My Life
O.K...not really. But my son is playing his first year of tackle football. And ever since he got his helmet and his shoulder pads, I've been constantly saying "My helmet an dem shoulerma pads".
I've also explained to him how the most important piece of equipment is called the cup. And it ain't....
Oh, you've never heard that comedy routine before? Well we loved this routine in high school. All of us recited it all the time and the first time we saw it, we laughed until our stomach's hurt. Back then we didn't have youtube so I had to wait for it to run again on HBO so I could record it on our VCR (remember those?) to watch it repeatedly. I think we still have that tape actually (or Mom and Dad do I should say).
While we were waiting on the storm that never happened last week (Hurricane Hanna), I went to youtube to see if I could find it so that we could all have a good laugh. Luckily Mom and Dad were here so that I could ask them the name of the comedian. I knew it was "Bob", but I couldn't remember his last name, "Nelson". We all watched it again with the same laughter as years past. I did share it with my children (cuss words muted - because you see - I still know it word for word and knew right when to hit the mute button).
But now that we have youtube I get to see it any time I want. And since I haven't had a youtube funny in a few weeks I thought I would share Bob Nelson's "Football Routine" with you now. This is the whole routine...the football part starts around the 2 minute mark. But I promise that it's all worth it. You could call it an "Ode to Football Season".
Enjoy!


1 comment:
I still know every line, I still know when to laugh and I still know what he is going to say and I still laugh my head off even after watching it last friday. anyone who elects not to watch is mssing a great laugh for football season
Post a Comment