Here's Your Sign
Everyone knows how much I love to laugh.
People that get me laughing every time are the guys from The Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
Those guys really crack me up!
I will admit, that at first I was not at all interested in watching Jeff Foxworthy and a bunch of countrified guys. I don't know why - I guess I was tired of the "You might be a redneck" stuff from the late 80's and early 90's. I got to meet Mr. Foxworthy in the early 90's. He was a luncheon speaker for a conference I attended in Atlanta. Afterwards I chatted with him and he was a true gentleman and nice guy. And funny too. But I just wasn't interested in seeing him and his friends in the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
Then I caved. And I loved it!
One of the guys, Bill Engvall, has a little saying: "Here's yer sign!"
Which basically means, you just asked the most ridiculous question ever (or you just did the most ridiculous thing ever), and you need an "I'm stupid" sign to warn everyone in the future.
We all do these little things. Watch this video to get a good understanding of what he means.
Well, last weekend I had a pretty funny one happen. I was watching Legare at his football Jamboree on Saturday. Clemson had a home game (which my husband and daughter were attending), and while at the Jamboree, one of the momma's saw me and exclaimed with much surprise (and not at all as if this was a rhetorical question or a bewildered statement; but like she was telling me in case I didn't know), "Oh, Anne, you're not in Clemson." Truly she was trying to tell me because she clearly wasn't sure if I was aware of this. It sounded funny to my ear.
My Momma replies (or was it my Daddy) something along the lines of, "Oh she is in Clemson, this person just looks like Anne." And then under Momma's breath she muttered a "here's your sign".
O.K. that didn't come across as funny in print as it was in person and in my head. So to make up for that - here's another Engvall "Here's Your Sign" video clip. And another audio clip.
Start paying attention to what you say and what is said around you. You'll be surprised at how many signs need to be handed out.


3 comments:
I pass them out all the time!!
I laughed out loud! We saw Ron White last Friday night and he was hysterical (he is the one with the scotch and the cigar!)
I love Ron White too - I just can't let my children watch him. I bet he was great!
Post a Comment