2nd Grade (boyish) Humor
Following is the joke my son told me this morning as I drove he and sister to school. He thought it was soooo funny. And it was - especially seeing how tickled he was. I of course had to do the correct parental thing and remind him (and sister since she was laughing too) that there is a proper time and place for jokes like this and that I didn't think school or in front of most adults was the place. Of course he said he knew. But I'm glad he liked sharing with me...it would be improper not to.
L: Wanna here my joke that Bobby told me?
Me: Sure
L: There were 3 brothers strangled in the water.
Me: Strangled?
L: Yea, strangled out in the water.
Me: Oh, I think you me "stranded" (brief explanation of what each means).
L: Oh, yeah, I meant "stranded". So, there are 3 brothers stranded in the water. Along comes a genie and says that if they can jump over the rock, he will turn them into what ever the first word is that comes out of their mouth so they can go home. So the first brother jumps and says "fish". The genie turns him into a fish and he swims home. The second brother jumps and says "bird". The genie turns him into a bird and he flies home. The third brother trips and say "Crap!". (Lots of laughing. And then Legare says:), Get it - he turns into CRAP! (more laughing, from me included).
Of course I knew the punchline, but I wasn't sure if this was going to be his version or not. Oh the minds of 8 year olds.


5 comments:
OMG, you would know the office phone rings as I get to the punch line. The person on the other end thinks I'm crazy, i laughted right into his ear. Cute I'm still laughting out loud
Funny - could I be related to this "Bobby" :)
Yes, such a sleuth you are!
I like your son's sense of humor. Simple and to the point. There are some adults who could learn a lesson or two from him...
HA! I don't think my 8 year old knows what "crap" is, except that I say it on occasion when I'm pissed off.
Post a Comment