Thursday, January 29, 2009

I think I'm Valuable

Got a phone call from the marketing company hired by my bank today. (quick aside - isn't the economy bad enough that telemarketers should be losing their jobs too?).

She was excited to let me know that they had a credit offer/reward for us because we were such vital customers to the bank. From that point on I focused on this: "Did she just say vital? I think she did. Oh, she stumbled a bit, she knows she goofed. She did say vital."

I know my bank accounts don't make me vital to any bank. I think she meant valuable. If I were wealthy enough to be vital to a bank, I promise I would take you all out to celebrate nothing in particular.

3 comments:

Mike said...

As one who works for a bank. In this economy every account holder is "vital" to our survival.

Go get everything they want to give you. Be careful if they offer you a free toaster though...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mike - you're just fishing for a celebration for no particular reason, aren't you?

Seriously though - thanks for the kind words. I promise I will not choose the toaster.

Anonymous said...

As one who has money in a bank, I agree with Mike. Every customer is vital-- it's like billable hours, every .1 adds up!! :)