Monday, January 5, 2009

My Father's Better Than yours

(More from the 3rd grade journal, "My Roots". To see previous posts click here, here, here and here. Remember, all grammar, spelling, etc, is true to the original, blah, blah, blah. Also,the title of this post is accurate to the title found on the contents page of the journal. The title below is true to the title found on the actual page in the journal. There is a difference.)


My Father's better Than Yours pg 6

My father works at WCSC T.V. 5. Once Gene Rayburn came there to do a wheel and deal show. the day before the show I got to meat him in person. When it was three o'ckock the next afternoon 3 more hours to go before the show, I got to sit by him while he was autographing pictures. When any movie star comes to chanel 5, my dad or mom takes me there. Thats why my fathers better than yours.

Some tidbits to fill you in -
*The TV station Dad worked in was the local CBS affiliate.
*Gene Rayburn and Match Game were my favorite things on TV - besides Gilligan, I never met Gilligan - bummer.
*I had an autographed picture of Mr. Rayburn that I secured that fateful day. I actually kept it for a long time but dern if I know where it is now - maybe somewhere in my old closet at Momma's.
*Was was glad to meet Mr. Rayburn and can assure you that I did not meat Mr. Rayburn - whatever that may be.
*I can also assure you that WCSC Channel 5 had nothing to do with Chanel 5. Must have been some wishful style thinking going on.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I loved Match Game. A very 70's game show with some very D list celebs. Cool you kept a journal for so long.

Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated, but your Chanel No. 5 comment reminded me. My friend Susan received a bottle of Charlie for Christmas this year from her mother. Yes, Charlie. Shelly Hack's favorite. What's next, Jean Nate?

Anonymous said...

I've got to dig out my old journals. I must. That is so cool

Anonymous said...

I hope you all remember that this journal was a 3rd grade writing project - I just didn't come up with that stuck up title all by myself - my teacher made us do it. I promise.